Call it a “breakfast cookie” so you can enjoy one with your morning coffee!
⅔ cup nut butter (natural, unsalted, no sugar added)
¼ cup maple syrup
4 T olive oil, melted
1 large egg
2 t vanilla extract
1 t baking soda
½ t sea salt
1½ t cinnamon
2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
1 T chia seeds (optional)
½ cup almond flour
1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
½ cup raisins (optional)
A Food Pairing Approach
Healthy Fat: Nut butter, olive oil, almond flour, chia
Fiber: GF oats, chia seeds
Carb: Maple syrup, GF oats, dark chocolate, raisins
Protein: Nut butter, egg, almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine nut butter and maple syrup in bowl of a stand mixer. Mix well. Add olive oil, mix again. Add egg and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Add GF oats, chia seeds, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Mix on low until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chunks (chips) and raisins if using.
- Chill dough in refrigerator, covered, for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a medium (1½ tablespoon) scooper to scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 11-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes prior to removal. Enjoy!